The HiPEAC conference is the premier European forum for experts in computer architecture, programming models, compilers and operating systems for embedded and general-purpose systems. Due to the current pandemic situation, the HiPEAC 2021 conference takes place online, from 18 to 20 January.
Mont-Blanc 2020 activities at HiPEAC2021:
- We are Bronze sponsor of the HiPEAC Conference 2021 – like we did in previous years. Visit our booth on the conference website! Chat available.
- We are involved in the workshop “RESILIENTHPC: Resilience in High Performance Computing” on Tuesday, 19 January 2021, starting at 3pm.
- We organise a full day tutorial on Monday, 18 January 2021, starting at 9:30. As the Mont-Blanc 2020 project will be drawing to its close, our partners Arm, Atos, BSC, Jülich and SiPearl will share their experience of the HPC system simulation tools enhanced and used by our project in a tutorial entitled: “Testing and evaluating workloads before silicon availability – The MontBlanc 2020 approach for SoC codesign“. Full details below.
This tutorial will offer a practical introduction to the multi-scale simulation framework developed by the Mont-Blanc projects:
- 9:30 Introduction to Mont-Blanc 2020 (Atos)
- 10:00 Mont-Blanc Simulation Framework (Atos)
- 10:30 Short break
- 10:40 MUSA (MUlti-scale Simulation Approach) Framework (BSC)
Simple simulation mode, Detailed simulation mode, Performing Design space exploration studies
- 11:40 Short break
- 11:50 Gem5 First Steps + Demo (Atos & SiPearl)
Introduction de Gem5, Hands-on, Recently added features
- 12:50 Lunch break and HiPEAC keynote
- 15:00 SVE Introduction (Arm)
Basic SVE concepts, SVE intrinsics, and what the compilers can optimize
- 15:45 SVE Programming (Jülich)
Options for generating SVE code, Emulating SVE instructions using ArmIE, Exploring executables using ArmIE
- 16:05 Short break
- 16:15 Gem5 SVE hands on (Arm)
Saxpy example, HACC example, Discussion of the gem5 SVE Implementation
- 17:00 End of tutorial
This tutorial will be organised as an interactive event with quizzes and Q&As to stimulate exchanges with the audience.
The session will include regular short breaks to allow attendees – and speakers – to refill their coffee!