This year again the Mont-Blanc projects will be a part of SC18 in Dallas, joining the community of scientists, engineers, developers, system administrators, educators, students, program managers, CIOs, and policy makers once again gathered for a program that is unequaled in the world.
SC18 will continue the Conference’s emphasis on education and best practices that deliver leading-edge insights to HPC users. It will continue a multi-year emphasis on advancing our community’s state-of-the-practice – embracing all aspects related to the practical use of HPC, including infrastructure, services, facilities, and large-scale application implementations.
Plan to visit the European Exascale Projects booth #237 – that we will share once again with our friends of the SAGE and DEEPest projects.
- Sunday, 11 November – 9am – 5:30pm, room D-168
Workshop on Education for High Performance Computing (EduHPC)
Two Mont-Blanc papers by BSC in this workshop:
- 10:30am: Teaching HPC Systems and Parallel Programming with Small Scale Clusters of Embedded SoCs – related to the use of mini-clusters for students
- 2:00pm: Filling the Gap between Education and Industry: Evidence-Based Methods for Introducing Undergraduate Students to HPC – related to the Student Cluster Competition
- Monday, 12 November – 12:30pm – 6:00pm, Aloft Hotel
Arm HPC User Group Workshop
organised by our partner Arm, and featuring a presentation of our project by Etienne Walter
- Wednesday, 14 November – 11:30am, room C146
Runtime-Assisted Cache Coherence Deactivation in Task Parallel Programs
a paper prepared by the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre
- Thursday, 15 November – 10.00am – 5.00pm, Aloft Hotel
Arm SVE Hackathon: “Arm HPC Performance Today and Tomorrow”
powered by our Dibona prototype!