The Heterogeneous Architectures is looking for a candidate with adequate background for a support engineer position in the context of the MontBlanc European project to assist in following areas:
• Setting-up, debugging and maintaining unconventional High-Performance Computing prototype clusters
• Power and performance characterization/evaluation of prototypes
We will select either one full-time candidate or two part-time candidates. The successful applicant(s) will become part of a dynamic research group with strong connections to industry (ARM, NVIDIA, Bull, Samsung). The group is active in research on low-power architectures for high-performance computing, system architecture, and performance prediction and simulation models.
• Good practical knowledge of Linux operating system
• Good knowledge of distributed computing e.g. cluster architectures
• Good understanding of electrical measurements (current, voltage and power)
Qualifications & Experience
• At least B.Sc. degree in Computer, Telecommunications or Electronics engineering, or Computer Science.
• Experience in setting up and administration of Linux servers.
• Experience with basic Linux server/client services including but not limited to: NFS, DHCP, TFTP, BOOTP, Firewalls, MPI runtimes and job schedulers (OpenMPI/MPICH and SLURM/PBS Torque), Ganglia.
• Experience with embedded BSP (board support packages) e.g. U-boot, is a plus.
• Good English language skills are required for participation in discussions about technical topics.
• Capacity to take the initiative and interact with other members in the same team/project.
• Willing to travel and participate in EU projects and company agreements.
The position will be located at BSC within the Computer Sciences department in collaboration with the specific program coordinator. The contract will be for 1 year with an option to continue as the group’s projects progress.
More information on page: http://www.bsc.es/about-bsc/employment/vacancies/semontblanc