This year again the Mont-Blanc projects were part of SC – in Dallas. We were sharing booth #237 – the European Exascale Projects booth – with our friends of the SAGE and DEEPest projects. For the first time, Mont-Blanc 3 was exhibiting a full blade from its Dibona prototype. And the shiny copper head spreaders helped a lot capture the attention of visitors! At times there was a large crowd around the blade.
MONT-BLANC ACTIVITIES AT SC18:
- Workshop on Education for High Performance Computing (EduHPC)
Two Mont-Blanc papers by BSC in this workshop:
- Teaching HPC Systems and Parallel Programming with Small Scale Clusters of Embedded SoCs – related to the use of mini-clusters for students
- Filling the Gap between Education and Industry: Evidence-Based Methods for Introducing Undergraduate Students to HPC – related to the Student Cluster Competition
- Arm HPC User Group Workshop
organised by our partner Arm, and featuring a presentation of our project by Etienne Walter
- Runtime-Assisted Cache Coherence Deactivation in Task Parallel Programs
a paper prepared by the Barcelona Supercomputing Centre
- Arm SVE Hackathon: “Arm HPC Performance Today and Tomorrow”
powered by our Dibona prototype!